July 30th 2012
• I was born in 1987, in French Canada, and was named after French songs “Emilie Jolie” from Julien Clerc and “Dans les Yeux d’Emilie” from Joe Dassin.
• My dolls and playgrounds were paint, pencils, books and music. I actually enjoyed applying paint and lipstick on walls and furniture as a kid. I mean, isn’t life a canvas for imagination?
• As a child, I was determined to be an actress, which obviously did not really work. Growing up, I would still take drama and plastic arts classes to maintain the creative mind.
• Teenage was terrible. One day, I had black hair, black makeup, white foundation cream with black clothes and the day after, I’d have red hair, bright baby blue makeup and flashy clothes. (Wait… It still goes like this!)
• I went to college to study creative writing and modern languages. Then, I managed to get into University and studied writing (again!) and media analysis and then a little bit of Art history and cinema. Afterwards, I graduated in graphic design.
• Over the past years, I have worked as a freelance designer with authors, publishing companies, musicians, event planners, etc. on various illustrations for book covers, CD covers, posters, logos and other stuff. I have also worked in studio for fashion design.
• As an artist, I have also taken part in some collective and personal exhibitions too. Just FYI, I am selling some of my personal works and they are available for licensing as well.
• Next projects and plans include a terrific art exhibition at this year’s Montreal’s ComicCon in July.
• I really think YOLO (but I have a tendency to believe in reincarnation.)
WORK & COMMISSIONS
Commission status is actually open. Please contact Emilie for any commission inquiry.
Artist's page: www.facebook.com/pages/Emilie-…